Monday, June 6, 2011

Why work so hard

For so long now...I have been working so hard. I always ask myself what am I fight for but regardless of how many answers I come up with for myself it seems like its an excuse. I tell people my dream is to become a COO (Chief Operations Officer) of a Fortune 500 company, an investment bank hopefully by the time I am 35-37. I try to work so hard everyday coming up with strategies and plans, market my ideas, think about alternatives, network, and so on and so forth....but some how regardless of how hard I work, things just don't seem at bright as I hope it would be. I think to myself a lot of how I can be better and take care of things more effectively but regardless of how much better I become I still feel so behind.

When you admire your rival whom is also one of your best friends there is always that chemistry of love and hate but bounded with respect. Life's hard when you always compare yourself to others...but when you don't you would not have that reference to how good you are and where you want to be. The path of greatness/success is something we all want but not easily achieved. When I think of my yard stick it feels like we are miles away...leaving me in a cloud of dust. It could be me being a Debbie Downer and always look at things from a negative point of view...But when I think of this person...I just see endless potential and intelligence. Where as for my self I am high and above but limited. People always say to me appreciate the things you already have, but sometimes I just feel like I need to have more a lot more to take on the role I want to be in the future.

Talking about my strive always remind of Avatar the Last Airbender, Prince Zuko... Running a path someone lay/ set for him. At this point of my life I know where I am going but not sure if I am going to this place because I want to or am I doing this because I am very competitive and would not quit until I see myself as an equal compared to my dear rival.

No comments:

Post a Comment